What you need to bring
Compulsory – We cannot inspect or buy your car without these items
1. Current registration certificate
To show that you own the car. Example
If you don’t have your registration certificate please contact your local state road authority.
If your car is not registered, you will need to purchase an ‘Unregistered Vehicle Permit’.
2. 100 points of ID (must consist of a photo ID and proof of address)
Current passport (70 points) Example
Medicare card, utility bills, bank statement, car registration, council rates notice (25 points each) Example
3. Your bank details (so we can pay you)
Your bank BSB, account number and account name. Bring a bank statement to ensure we deposit funds to the correct account.
4. If there is outstanding finance to be settled on your car
Letter from your finance company detailing the current settlement figure and the date it is valid until.
5. If selling on behalf of a business or another person
A letter signed by a company director, business owner or vehicle owner giving authorisation for you to sell the car on their behalf
- A tax invoice from the company or the supplier of the vehicle you’re selling
- Statutory Declaration authorising the sale
QLD (Business) (Private Seller)
- 100 points of ID for the vehicle owner
- Business authorisation
IMPORTANT: You MUST bring all of the above items for us to value and buy your car.
- Service books
- Owner’s manual
- Spare keys
- CD stackers
- Tools etc
Languages other than English
Our ‘What to bring’ checklist is available in the languages below, please click the link for the appropriate language.
Please note we cannot guarantee a staff member will be able to speak your language at the appointment, you can check languages spoken at each location here.